Stats NZ recently stood up a RATA (Recruitment and Talent Acquisition) Team. This team includes Senior Manager, Recruitment Specialist, Recruitment Advisor, Talent Acquisition Advisor and Coordinator.
The current Stats NZ recruitment process is as follows:
- We advertise Stats NZ vacancies across multiple platforms including our Careers site, Seek, TradeMe, LinkedIn and other various platforms depending on the nature of the role
- We share our vacancies with our wider networks and on social media platforms
- We utilise our Public Sector network via SSC initiative to share talent across the public sector
- We utilise our internal Talent Acquisition Advisor (e.g. Seek Premium Talent Search, LinkedIn Search, networks and free service providers like WINZ, Skilled Newcomers via Wecc, Workbridge etc.
- We engage external providers like Recruitment Agencies once we have exhausted this process if there is something they can offer by way of talent attraction outside of the above process.
RATA have implemented tools and systems like video interviewing to help with the volume of applications and automation of some pre-employment checks and we have more initiatives that are in progress.
Both the RATA Team and our People Leaders receive a lot of requests to connect and meet to better understand your services and to build up knowledge of our needs. Whilst we appreciate the request, if we were to meet with everyone that requests us to, it eats into our time spent leading, coaching and mentoring our people to deliver the important outcomes we need to as New Zealand’s data Agency.
You can contact us if you have any questions on firstname.lastname@example.org