Data and Analytics Summer Internships - Wellington/Christchurch
Various business units
Wellington City, Wellington
October 12, 2017
Summer Internships - Wellington and Christchurch
At Stats NZ we are unleashing the power of data.
We provide the information that helps key decision-makers make better, more informed decisions for a stronger New Zealand. This means we need forward- thinking people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join our team and work with us to unleash the power of data for New Zealand.
We are looking for students to join our paid data and analytics summer internship programme from November 2017 - March 2018. If you are skilled at exploring, analysing, wrangling, collaborating and innovating with data then we want to hear from you.
As an Intern you will complete a 10-12 week project focused on using data and analytics to support decision making for New Zealand.
Our internship programme will give you a unique insight into the New Zealand public sector and the opportunity to:
- Develop skills in a real work environment by practically applying the skills from your related university course. Be challenged with important, real-world work. You'll have the chance to work on and answer an interesting research question to advance knowledge in an important area.
- Build your career network and develop relationships in and across government agencies.
- Gain invaluable experience working in a government agency and learn about some of the exciting work and projects that exist.
- Participate in learning opportunities offered throughout your intern programme.
- Join our talent pipeline - so you can keep in touch with potential employment opportunities, when you are looking to gain employment.
We are looking for interns who:
- Are working towards a tertiary/post graduate qualification within a data and analytics field, or undertaking a degree with a significant research component.
- Have the technical skills needed for the one of the projects on offer. Technical skills include programming, data modelling, establishing a framework to investigate a research problem, and being able to produce insights that are useful to customers.
- Positive, motivated, strong at managing work projects, willing to learn and to get involved
- Projects will run for approximately 12 weeks from 27 November - 02 March, with a two week Christmas break (12pm, 22 December - 7 January). The two week shut down will include 4 paid statutory holidays, 3 paid department days and 3 days unpaid annual leave. 8% annual leave will be paid out at the end of the fixed term period.
- Interns will work a 37.5 hour week, on a fixed term contract and be paid the equivalent of $18-20 per hour.
- Wellington-based interns will get the chance to be part of a government data and analytics internship network and have the opportunity to learn about different agencies, the work they do and the kind of outcomes they deliver for New Zealanders.
||11.59pm - 22 October 2017|
||Week commencing 23 October 2017|
||By November 6th 2017|
|Internship programme launch and start
||27th November 2017|
||Please click here to download and view the position description.|
||Note: To view and print this document you must have Acrobat Reader. If you don't have it you can download it for free.|