At Stats NZ we are unleashing the power of data.
We provide the information that helps key decision-makers make better, more informed decisions for a stronger New Zealand. This means we need forward- thinking people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to join our team and work with us to unleash the power of data for New Zealand. We are often looking for students to take on internships so keep an eye of this page for updates.
Data and Analytics Summer Internships 2018-19 – Applications have now closed
As a Data and Analytics intern you will complete a 10 week project focused on using data and analytics to support decision making for New Zealand. Our internship programme will give you a unique insight into the New Zealand public sector and the opportunity to:
- Develop skills in a real work environment by practically applying the skills from your related university course. Be challenged with important, real-world work. You’ll have the chance to work on and answer an interesting research question to advance knowledge in an important area.
- Build your career network and develop relationships in and across government agencies and with other interns.
- Gain invaluable experience working in a government agency and learn about some of the exciting work and projects that exist.
- Participate in learning opportunities offered throughout your intern programme.
We look for interns who:
- Are working towards a tertiary/post graduate qualification within a data and analytics field, or undertaking a degree with a significant research component.
- Have the technical skills needed for the one of the projects on offer. Technical skills include programming, data modelling, establishing a framework to investigate a research problem, and being able to produce insights that are useful to customers.
- Positive, motivated, strong at managing work projects, willing to learn and to get involved.
- Have the right to work in NZ.
Applications for Summer 18-19 have now closed.